Introducing Lila Hope Thompson

Introducing Lila Hope Thompson
Our baby girl (referral picture)


We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home across time and miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God's very own hands.

Kristi Larson


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Been 5 Months!

Whew!! Where does the time go? We've been home 5 months now and boy has it been a busy 5 months! Lila is now walking and has been for a few months. She is exploring her surroundings and is a very curious little girl. Until about Thanksgiving she has gone through what I believe to be seperation anxiety. When we got home in the afternoons she wanted to be held all the time and would follow us around crying if we couldn't. She is now doing much better and feels more comfortable with us. Or maybe she trusts us now. She is a shadow to whoever is walking around and is so stinkin cute!!

She is eating everything now! Thank the Lord!! She trusts me enough to take a bite out of anything I offer her--she may not take a second one but will at least try it. I kept her on the bottle until about a month ago. It helps with bonding but also it made me feel better because I knew she was getting full at least a couple times a day. She is now totally on table food and thriving! She got off the bottle very easily--I reduced her bottles until it was no more!

Her speech is really her only issue--but what are we to expect with learning a new language and adjusting to what she has had to adjust to. We have taught her sign language for some simple commands--which she caught onto very quickly. But we are also bombarding her with vocabulary. We can be pretty dramatic with naming everything as we come across it. Her vocabulary is progressing and will just take time. She gets frustrated with us at times when we don't get what she wants.

Her personality continues to emerge and it is a cute one! She has her brothers and daddy wrapped around her fingers! I feel as though she has always been with us. Here is a picture video I put together showing her from beginning until now. Obviously I screwed up her birth date--she was born in 2010 not 2011. With as many times as I previewed I did not catch it until it was too late!!

No comments:

Post a Comment